Friday, May 29, 2009

Introduction

Well, all my friends are blogging, and some have asked me to start a blog to share how I save money on stuff. I've also been feeling very reflective lately about things I've been learning about parenting and other things that are happening in our family. So I thought this would be a great place to log those things - who knows, maybe someday my children will enjoy reading these posts. So this blog is really dedicated to them, so they can get a glimpse of what their mom thought about as they were growing up.

The funny thing is, I thought this would be a place where I could offer new ideas and suggestions about life - after all, I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and grew up with a mom who taught me a lot about frugality and preparedness skills. But the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. And my life is far from perfect, and I am NOT really an expert in anything. That's why I named the blog what I did - because my advice is "worth every dime" that you paid for it (i.e., NOTHING!). So please, take what I say with a grain of salt, and trust what YOU know and feel - please don't take my word for it. But I'm hoping that my ideas will spark ideas of your own, and that you can maybe take some of the things that you read here and make them work in your own way for your own life. And I'm excited to have a venue in which to think aloud! Wish me some happy blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment